Monday, August 18, 2008

NEXT?


I’m sure on your new commute route via Amity Road you have crossed this bridge right? You might not have noticed it with the overgrowth of vegetation, but it is there, next to the Brittany Woodcastle entrance (86th street). It appears to be an old concrete bridge, I didn’t go down into the ditch/stream to look further. As you recall from previous posts and TV news pieces, the Barry Road Bridge was closed due to overweight loads on the bridge. The Barry Road Bridge is posted for 15 tons…Amity is 13 tons. Could this be the next target for Councilmen Ford and Johnson and the KCMO Department of Public Works?

How was the first full day of the commute via the official unofficial detour through Wildwood? Comments?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The constant stream of traffic through Wild Wood is too bad. Unfortunately, it'll probably have to be an accident that forces KC officials to pull their head out to try to solve a problem instead of just creating them. Remember, it's now 2 1/2 years minus one day. Winter will be awful.

Anonymous said...

I am a Weatherby Lake resident who is traveling through Wild Wood. My apologies to you.
This afternoon, coming home (4:50P.M.) I had several close calls. People are speeding down the hill by the vet. There are cars parked on the street so only one car can pass at a time. It is awful!! I don't even want to think about snow on the hills and narrow passages in Wild Wood.
These people who claim Barry Road has killed 20 people - wake up!! There will be more deaths due to Barry Road being closed than open!

Anonymous said...

I am calling Russ Johnson's office tomorrow. We are going to have a problem if this goes for any amount of time, what are they thinking? I don't want this mess in my neighborhood. Fix it!

Anonymous said...

I find it interesting there are no detour signs. For those of us who know the area, not much of a problem. For the rest, I see people doing lots of car turning around. Also a resident of Wild Wood says there is such an increase of traffic, they won't allow their children to ride their bikes.